José A. Navarro

0 1214      

Contact information and description

Mobile phone:
Huesca, Huesca, España

In this view we find ourselves in front of the door to the Diocesan Museum, in the other side of the square we can find the town hall.
The museum was organized in 1945 as Treasury of the Cathedral of Huesca, in its Chapter Hall, being constituted as Episcopal Museum and Chapterhouse for Sacred Archaeology, in 1950, by decree of Bishop Rodrigo Lino Ruesca.
Closed in 1969 for restoration of the Cathedral was opened in 1975 as Diocesan Museum by Bishop Javier Oses Flamarique in the church, in the nineteenth century, was built in the centre of the cloisters, as Parish of the Cathedral.
For sponsorship of this bishop has been completely renovated between 1997 and 2001, with project architect restorer Joaquin Naval Mas, and the museum program Historian Heritage and Artistic Director of the Museum, Antonio Naval Mas.
The exhibited works are divided between the Chamber capitulate faculty and Gothic parish church of the Cathedral of Huesca, where they are installed respectively rooms Metalwork, Medieval Art and Art of the Renaissance and Baroque. With a total area of one thousand square meters, different areas have been adapted in accordance with the guidelines relating to current museum exhibition, security, lighting and didactic. At the moment is in the process of fitting another room installed in the wreckage of the cloister.